Is this trip for you?
- You want a good combination of wildlife and beach time.
- You want a relaxing trip with beautiful scenery.
- You want to swim in the ocean.
- You love exotic wildlife.
- 9 nights accommodation as per itinerary
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off
- Peyrieras Private Reserve entrance and Specialized Local Guide
- Andasibe National Park entrance and Specialized Local Guide
- Local sailboat, ‘pirogue’, ride on the Pangalanes Channel from Akanin’ny Nofy to Tamatave and from Soanieran’Ivongo to Ile Sainte Marie
- Domestic flight, Ile Sainte Marie to Antananarivo
Day 1: Antananarivo
Arrive in Antananarivo anytime. Review of program at night.
Day 2: Peyrieras/Andasibe
Drive east through some forests and stop to visit the private reserve Peyrieras. It was created to safeguard certain endangered species endemic to Madagascar such as butterflies, chameleons, amphibians. Arrive at Andasibe in the afternoon and stay the night.
Day 3: Andasibe National Park/Akanin’ny Nofy
Early morning walk with a local specialized guide in Andasibe National Park to see the largest lemur species alive, the Indri. 11 species of lemur live in this tropical forest along with several species of birds, reptiles and amphibians- most of which are endemic to Madagascar! After the walk, drive east (4 hours) to reach the village of Ankanin’ny Nofy. Cross the Pangalanes Canal by boat and spend the night in a hotel.
Day 4: Akanin’ny Nofy
Visit the Palmarium private reserve to see lemurs in the wild, as well as other fauna and flora. Spend the afternoon relaxing by the lake.
Day 5: Akanin’ny Nofy – Tamatave
Sail on the Pangalanes Canal to Tamatave by local sailboat, known as ‘pirogue’. See local life, with fishermen and their traditional canoes, rafts carrying banana bunches, and relaxed locals living in the ‘mora mora’ way.
Day 6: Sainte Marie
Take a bus early the next morning to to reach the port of Soanieran’Ivongo, and then boat to Sainte Marie- arrive around noon. Sainte Marie is a small tropical island with beautiful sandy beaches lined with coconut trees. The island is surrounded by a coral reef which allows for exceptional diving and snorkeling. During whale season you can see the whales come in as they give birth to their young.
Day 7-9: Sainte Marie
Relax on the beach, enjoy free time. Optional excursions and water activities to do with the hotel.
Day 10: Antananarivo
Fly back to Antananarivo.