Is this trip for you?
- You want the best of hiking and some beach time.
- You love exotic wildlife.
- You want a taste of local culture.
- You want to explore an island and swim in the ocean.
- 14 nights accommodation as per itinerary
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off
- Ranomafana National Park night and day visit and Specialized Local Guide
- Anja Community Reserve entrance and Specialized Local Guide
- Isalo National Park entrance and Specialized Local Guide
- Andasibe National Park entrance and Specialized Local Guide
- Lemur Island entrance and Specialized Local Guide
- Palmarium Private Reserve entrance and Specialized Local Guide
- Local sailboat, ‘pirogue’, ride on the Pangalanes Channel from Akanin’ny Nofy to Tamatave and from Soanieran’Ivongo to Ile Sainte Marie
- Free time on the beach
- Domestic flight, Ile Sainte Marie to Antananarivo
Day 1: Antananarivo
Arrive any time. If you arrive early enough, you can opt for short tour of the city including the famous steps, a palace and museum.
Day 2: Antsirabe
Travel to Antsirabe, visiting rice paddies and artisan workshops along the way.
Day 3: Antsirabe/Fiadanana
Visit Lake Andraikiba before continuing to the small village of Fiadanana. Explore this beautiful village and interact with the locals to get a real feel of Madagascar rural life.
Day 4: Fiadanana/Ranomafana
Continue on to Ranomafana National Park. Learn traditional rituals from the local villagers and enjoy a night walk with a local expert guide outside the Park.
Day 5: Ranomafana/Ambalavao
Start the day early to see and hear the birds in the forest. You’ll also see some lemurs and chameleons! After the guided walk, travel south and enjoy the magnificent views in all directions.
Day 6: Anja Community Reserve/Ranohira
Stop at Anja Community Reserve, known for it’s ring-tailed lemurs. Continue on through the changing landscape to the city of Ranohira and Isalo National Park.
Day 7: Isalo National Park
Take a trek through the park by foot. You’ll see some amazing views, a small oasis, swim in the natural pools, and enjoy the waterfalls.
Day 8: Mantadia National Park
Travel to Andasibe-Mantadia National Park with stops en route arriving late afternoon. Enjoy a night walk near the park with a specialized local guide to spot Madagascar’s famous lemurs! Stay near Andasibe.
Day 9: Mantadia National Park/Lemur Island
Spend the day exploring the national park and visit the Indri Special Reserve (*Indris are the largest lemur alive!). Visit the Lemur Island, where you’ll be up close and personal with 4 species of lemurs! Perfect selfie opportunities. Stay another night near Andasibe.
Day 10: Akanin’ny Nofy
Visit the Palmarium Private Reserve to see lemurs in the wild, as well as other fauna and flora. Spend the afternoon relaxing by the lake.
Day 11: Akanin’ny Nofy – Tamatave
Sail on the Pangalanes Canal to Tamatave by local sailboat, known as ‘pirogue’. See local life, with fishermen and their traditional canoes, rafts carrying banana bunches, and relaxed locals living in the ‘mora mora’ way.
Day 12: Sainte Marie
Take a bus early the next morning to to reach the port of Soanieran’Ivongo, and then boat to Sainte Marie- arrive around noon. Sainte Marie is a small tropical island with beautiful sandy beaches lined with coconut trees. The island is surrounded by a coral reef which allows for exceptional diving and snorkeling. During whale season you can see the whales come in as they give birth to their young.
Day 13-14: Sainte Marie
Relax on the beach, enjoy free time. Optional excursions and water activities to do with the hotel.
Day 15: Antananarivo
Fly back to Antananarivo.