Is this trip for you?
- You want the coolest Madagascar has to offer in the shortest time.
- You love taking photos of stunning wildlife and scenery.
- You love exotic wildlife.
- You enjoy long hikes through stunning reserves.
- 6 nights accommodation as per itinerary
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off
- Flight from Antananarivo to Morondava
- Local sailboat, ‘pirogue’, ride
- Tsingy de Bemaraha entrance and Specialized Local Guide
- Kirindy Forest entrance and Specialized Local Guide<
Day 1: Antananarivo/Morondava
Fly to Morondava after breakfast. Lunch at a local beach-front restaurant. In the afternoon, visit the fishermen’s village, Betania and the mangroves by local sailboat, named ‘pirogue’.
Day 2: Belo sur Tsiribihina
Drive with 4×4 north (4 hours) to the river town, Belo sur Tsiribihina. Enjoy the river and relax.
Day 3: Bekopaka/Tsingy de Bemaraha
Early morning drive (4 hours) to Bekopaka, where the entrance to the Tsingy de Bemaraha is. The Tsingy is a UNESCO world wonder, characterized by its sharp pinnacle rock formations. Here you can enjoy the view of lemurs jumping from razor sharp rock to razor sharp rock! In the evening visit the small tsingy and see some of your first lemurs and other fauna and flora.
Day 4: Manambolo/Tsingy de Bemaraha
Visit the Manambolo gorge on a dug out canoe to see caves and rock formations. You can also see the famous tomb of the Vazimba tribe who lived in the tsingy in the 17th century. Those feeling physically fit enough can then opt into the Big Tsingy Trek! Here you can see 30meter high cracks, canyons, cathedrals, and enjoy a stunning view while crossing the suspension bridge in the big tsingy.
Day 5: Kirindy
Drive back south to the Kirindy forest to see the lemur’s main predator: the fossa! The fossa is a cat-like animal that’s considered to be endangered. Stay overnight at Kirindy.
Day 6: Kirindy/Baobab Avenue/Morondava
Spend the day enjoying Kirindy. In the afternoon, drive to the Baobab avenue to enjoy the scenic sunset with these 800-year old trees. Perfect photo opportunity! Sleep in Morondava
Day 7: Antananarivo
Fly back to Antananarivo.